As the school year comes to a close, there is one more hurdle for students to tackle – final exams! And while exam season can be stressful, having a gameplan for studying and preparing will make things go a lot smoother.
To help you prepare, the Student Pack team has put together a few study tip to implement, check them out below:
1. Get organized. Make a study schedule and stick to it.
Set aside specific blocks of time to study – and even make a schedule of which test/subject you will prepare for during each time block. Set your schedule and stick to it!
2. Get plenty of rest. A rested mind is a productive mind.
Pulling an “all-nighter” is never a good idea. As long as you stick to your schedule, you won’t need to stay up all night and can get a good night’s sleep. This is especially important the night before the test!
3. Eat healthy. Junk food will only make you feel sluggish and unmotivated.
Make sure you take snack breaks, and try to avoid energy drinks and high-sugar treats – they’ll just make your energy levels crash later in the day.
4. Get help if you need it. There is no shame in asking for help from a teacher or classmate.
Sometimes studying with a friend or even working with a tutor is the best option for preparing for a test. If the test is in a subject that you struggle with, work with a friend or mentor to help prepare for the test.
5. Stay positive. Don’t get discouraged if you don’t know the answer to a question. Just keep trying until you get it.
Studying for final exams is stressful for every student. But, just stay positive, stick to your plan and go into the testing knowing that you’ve done everything you could to prepare.